Fitbit devices are meant to help you lead a healthier life by tracking your activity and fitness goals.
Before you buy a Fitbit, you need to understand some key features present in these trackers. One of the most crucial features is the Fitbit sleep mode.
Wondering what Sleep Mode on Fitbit is? I’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know about Sleep Mode on Fitbit Charge 5.
What is Sleep Mode on Fitbit Charge 5?
Charge 5 sleep mode is a great feature that helps to schedule your device to silence all alerts, notifications, and reminders. This mode automatically turns on at the time you schedule, even if you manually turned it off.
What does Fitbit Charge 5 Sleep Mode mean?
Since your Fitbit Charge 5 tracker has a sleep mode setting, it means that you’ll enjoy the following when you turn it on:
- The Fitbit screen’s brightness is set to dim. This comes in handy if you toss and turn at night, so you won’t disrupt yourself and your partner at night.
- All notifications won’t make the Fitbit vibrate or turn on the screen.
- The Always-On-Display clock face is turned off.
- When you turn your wrist, the Fitbit’s screen won’t turn on.
- Finally, a sleep mode icon will be visible at the top of the screen.
How do I turn on Sleep Mode on Fitbit Charge 5?
Here’s how to turn on the sleep mode on your Fitbit Charge 5:
- On the clock face, swipe on all apps until you find the Settings app.
- Tap on the Settings app and scroll down until you find Sleep Mode.
- Tap the Sleep Mode and click on the tab to manually enable the setting.
- The Fitbit’s screen will go dim, and all notifications and the screen wake will be turned off.
- You can also set the schedule, where the Sleep Mode automatically turns on at the time you’ve set and will turn off when the time elapses.
- To turn on the schedule, tap on Schedule and scroll down to see the sleep interval.
- To set the interval, tap on the Sleep Interval tab and enter the start and end times.
How do I turn off Sleep Mode on Fitbit Charge 5?
There are two ways you can use to turn off the Sleep Mode on Fitbit: using the Settings App or the Quick Settings shortcut.
To turn sleep mode off in the Settings app, just tap the Sleep Mode icon, and it will be manually turned off. Alternatively, press the side buttons until you get to the clock face.
Using the Quick Settings shortcut, press and hold the buttons for two seconds, and you’ll see the Sleep tab. Tap on it to disable the Sleep mode.
How do I know if my Fitbit Charge 5 is in Sleep Mode?
When the sleep mode is activated on your Fitbit Charge 5, you will notice the following:
- The screen’s brightness will be dim.
- The Screen Wake Functionality will be disabled, meaning that the display will only show when the screen is double-tapped or when the button is pressed.
- Notifications will not make your Fitbit vibrate.
Difference between DND and sleep mode on Fitbit
The Do Not Disturb setting is used when you don’t want to be interrupted by calls, notifications, and alerts. When you turn the DND on, reminders to move, notifications, and goal celebrations don’t make the screen turn on or the watch vibrate.
Basically, the ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode automatically turns your device completely silent, and all goal celebrations, notifications, and reminders are muted.
On the other hand, the Sleep mode is meant to monitor your sleep. When the Sleep mode is on, the screen’s brightness is set to dim, and notifications don’t wake the screen or cause the watch to vibrate. However, you cannot turn on the Sleep mode and Do Not Disturb simultaneously.
You can turn on the DND feature and Sleep mode at the same time.
List of Fitbit that have Sleep Mode feature
The Sleep Mode feature is available on
- Fitbit Inspire 2,
- Fitbit Charge 4,
- Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 3,
- Fitbit Charge 5,
- Fitbit Luxe, and
- Fitbit Versa 2.
Should sleep mode on Fitbit be on or off
Whether you should have sleep mode on or off on your Fitbit depends on your personal preferences and needs. Here are some considerations:
- Minimizing Disturbances: If you value uninterrupted sleep and want to avoid being disturbed by notifications or bright screen lights during your designated sleep hours, it is recommended to enable sleep mode. Sleep mode suppresses most notifications and lowers the screen brightness, creating a more peaceful sleep environment.
- Notifications and Accessibility: If you prefer to stay connected and receive notifications even during sleep, or if you use your Fitbit for important alerts, you may choose to disable sleep mode. This allows notifications to come through and ensures you can access information on your device even while asleep.
- Battery Life: Enabling sleep mode can help conserve battery life on your Fitbit device. When sleep mode is activated, unnecessary features are typically turned off or minimized, which can extend the battery usage. If you are concerned about battery life, keeping sleep mode on can be beneficial.
Considering the above factors, the decision to have Fitbit sleep mode on or off should align with your personal preferences and priorities.
If you prioritize uninterrupted sleep and want to conserve battery life, enabling sleep mode is recommended. However, if staying connected or accessing notifications during sleep is important to you, disabling sleep mode may be the preferred choice.
How Do I Turn Off My Fitbit’s Screen?
Why Am I Not Getting Notifications On My Fitbit?
It is possible that your device might be in Silent Mode. In Silent Mode, your device vibrates instead of making a sound when notifications come in. You can turn off Silent Mode in the Settings app on your mobile device.
What Accessories Does Fitbit Offer?
One of the best features of Fitbit devices is the sleep mode. This mode is an effective way to keep your tracker hushed without the annoying notifications when working or in bed.
So if you’re looking to invest in a Fitbit tracker, don’t forget to check if it’s equipped with the sleep mode setting.