Fitbit devices are meant to help you lead a healthier life by tracking your activity and fitness goals.
Before you buy a Fitbit, you need to understand some key features present in these trackers. One of the most crucial features is the Fitbit sleep mode.
Wondering what Fitbit sleep mode is? I’ve got you covered. Here’s everything you need to know about Fitbit Sleep mode.
Related: Best Fitbits for Men
- 1 What is Fitbit Sleep Mode?
- 2 What does Sleep Mode mean on Fitbit?
- 3 List of Fitbits that have Sleep Mode feature
- 4 How do I turn on Sleep Mode on my Fitbit?
- 5 How do I turn off Sleep Mode on my Fitbit?
- 6 How do I know if my Fitbit is on Sleep Mode?
- 7 Difference between DND and sleep mode on Fitbit
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Final Thoughts
What is Fitbit Sleep Mode?
Fitbit sleep mode is a great feature that helps to schedule your Fitbit tracker to not vibrate or turn on incoming notifications from your smartphone. This mode automatically turns on at the time you schedule, even if you manually turned it on.
What does Sleep Mode mean on Fitbit?
If your Fitbit tracker has a sleep mode setting, it means that you’ll enjoy the following when you turn it on:
- The Fitbit screen’s brightness is set to dim. This comes in handy if you toss and turn at night, so you won’t disrupt yourself and your partner at night.
- All notifications won’t make the Fitbit vibrate or turn on the screen.
- The Always-On-Display clock face is turned off.
- When you turn your wrist, the Fitbit’s screen won’t turn on.
- Finally, a sleep mode icon will be visible at the top of the screen.
Related: Best Fitbits for Women
List of Fitbits that have Sleep Mode feature
The Sleep Mode feature is available on
- Fitbit Inspire 2,
- Fitbit Charge 4,
- Fitbit Sense, Fitbit Versa 3,
- Fitbit Charge 5,
- Fitbit Luxe, and
- Fitbit Versa 2.
How do I turn on Sleep Mode on my Fitbit?
Here’s how to turn on the sleep mode on your Fitbit:
- On the clock face, swipe on all apps until you find the Settings app.
- Tap on the Settings app and scroll down until you find Sleep Mode.
- Tap the Sleep Mode and click on the tab to manually enable the setting.
- The Fitbit’s screen will go dim, and all notifications and the screen wake will be turned off.
- You can also set the schedule, where the Sleep Mode automatically turns on at the time you’ve set and will turn off when the time elapses.
- To turn on the schedule, tap on Schedule and scroll down to see the sleep interval.
- To set the interval, tap on the Sleep Interval tab and enter the start and end time.
How do I turn off Sleep Mode on my Fitbit?
There are two ways you can use to turn off the Sleep Mode on Fitbit: using the Settings App or the Quick Settings shortcut.
To turn it off in the Settings app, just tap the Sleep Mode icon, and it will be manually turned off. Alternatively, press the side buttons until you get to the clock face.
Using the Quick Settings shortcut, press and hold the buttons for two seconds, and you’ll see the Sleep tab. Tap on it to disable the Sleep mode.
How do I know if my Fitbit is on Sleep Mode?
When the sleep mode is activated on your Fitbit, you will notice the following:
- The screen’s brightness will be dim.
- The Screen Wake Functionality will be disabled, meaning that the display will only show when the screen is double-tapped or when the button is pressed.
- Notifications will not make your Fitbit vibrate.
Difference between DND and sleep mode on Fitbit
The Do Not Disturb setting is used when you don’t want to be interrupted by calls, notifications, and alerts. When you turn the DND on, reminders to move, notifications, and goal celebrations don’t make the screen turn on or the watch to vibrate.
Basically, Do Not Disturb mode automatically turns your device completely silent, and all goal celebrations, notifications, and reminders are muted.
On the other hand, the Sleep mode is meant to monitor your sleep. When the Sleep mode is on, the screen’s brightness is set on dim, and notifications don’t wake the screen or cause the watch to vibrate. However, you cannot turn on the Sleep mode and Do Not Disturb simultaneously.
You can turn on the DND feature and Sleep mode at the same time.
How Do I Turn Off My Fitbit’s Screen?
If you’re not using your Fitbit tracker and want to turn off the screen, simply cover the clock face with your opposite hand, turn your wrist away from your body, or press the buttons for a few seconds.
Why Am I Not Getting Notifications On My Fitbit?
Fitbit notifies you through your device when you get a call, text message, or calendar alert, receive an incoming email, or receive an app notification. If you don’t get the notifications you want, learn how to manage which notifications you receive.
It is possible that your device might be in Silent Mode. In Silent Mode, your device vibrates instead of making a sound when notifications come in. You can turn off Silent Mode in the Settings app on your mobile device.
What Accessories Does Fitbit Offer?
Fitbit provides first-party straps for all its trackers, as well as replacement charging cables.
One of the best features of Fitbit devices is the sleep mode. This mode is an effective way to keep your tracker hushed without the annoying notifications when working or in bed. So if you’re looking to invest in a Fitbit tracker, don’t forget to check if it’s equipped with the sleep mode setting.